Sanat Agrawal - Personal Details
(Mechanical Engineering)
Sanat Agrawal
Associate Professor

Dr Sanat Agrawal has done his graduation and doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kanpur, UP, India. He obtained his Master of Engineering in 1990 with honors from the University of Roorkee, India (presently IIT Roorkee) in Mechanical Engineering. He served as a Foreign Guest Researcher at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), MD, USA. He worked there on generating an information model for the representation of heterogeneous material data based on ISO 10303 (STEP). He was a post-doctoral fellow at the Central University of Technology (CUT) at Bloemfontein, South Africa. He served as a faculty member in the Mechanical Engineering Department at JUET Guna during July 2009 and May 2018. He served there as the head of the Mechanical Engineering department during May 2014 and June 2017. He joined NIT Uttarakhand as an Associate Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department in 2018. He has supervised seven MTech students (four while at NIT Uttarakhand) and two PhD scholars so far. He is currently supervising one PhD scholar. Dr Agrawal has several publications in national and international journals. He has also published a book. He is a reviewer of reputed journals like Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Rapid Prototyping Journal (RPJ), and International Journal of Production Research (IJPR). He is also a reviewer of the South African Journal of Industrial Engineering (SAJIE) and RAPDASA conference proceedings. He is a regular member of SME (Society of Manufacturing Engrs), a member of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engrs), and RAPDASA (Rapid Product Development Association of South Africa). He is also a life member of ISTE. His areas of interest are CAD and Additive Manufacturing (AM, or 3D printing). He has several years of experience in CAD and AM areas. He is working on physical modeling of terrains using AM and medical AM.

General Information
Name Sanat Agrawal
Phone 9669709504
Email [email protected]
Google Scholar Link View
Vidwan Link View
Publons Link View
Orcid/Other Link View
Linkedin Link View
Website Link View
Designation Associate Professor
Department Mechanical Engineering
Qualification PhD
Date of Joining 2018-06-28
Specialization Solid Mechanics and Design - CAD and Additive Manufacturing

Latest Highlights